January 26th, 2009
Hey, while I’m here slaving away on the next version of the contact sheet script, it’s a great time for you all to provide some suggestions as to what features should be included.
Here’s the currently planned feature set:
1. I am adding back the “Files” button that allows you to manipulate the files to be processed. This was in CS2’s version, but was removed for CS3.
2. You will be able to add custom metadata to the panel that allows the inclusion of metadata in captions. Once you add it, it will remember it.
3. If you use a template, you can now create a “First Page” master page, along with an “A-Master”. The first page will use “First Page”, all subsequent pages will use the “A-Master” master spread.
4. You can include your own image rectangles on pages and master pages. This allows you to layout a completely custom page design (such as a photo album), and fill it automatically.
5. You will now set the size of the rectangles by aspect ratio and the number of columns you want. The number of rows will be the maximum available given the aspect ratio and the number of columns.
So please, if you want any other goodies, let me know!! For that matter, if there’s some InDesign or Bridge (I can do Photothop and AI too, but my specialties are Bridge and ID) script that you would like to see, let me know about that too!!
One more thing: If you purchase or have purchased the current version available, the new version will be sent to you free of charge.